The Crew are given a new mission by a Proxy they have worked with a few times before – Pathfinder. The mission – Investigate the death of Wauri Trekker, a famous mars pioneer and high bishop of the Assamir church.
Upon arriving a mere hour after the body is discovered, and being put in their sleeves, they are met by Jose Rezal head of M-Sec, and are shown the crime scene.
After some investigation, they discover a few things:
- Death occured between 4pm and 5pm.
- The victim was plugged into the Mesh by a fancy Mesh chair where she was logged into a chatroom at a place called the PleasureDome, unregistered in the mesh system.
- When the victim died, they attempted to crawl towards a holographic painting on the wall. The painting had been replaced by a picture of a young boy, that said “So this is where you were hiding it”
- Behind the painting was a safe, and a picture of Trekker, the young boy in the picture, and four other people standing in an idealic garden.
- That there was no footage of the murder on the CCTV cameras in the area
They decided to speak to her personal bodyguard Bruce Rookson who was in a bar on another floor. From just his words, they deduced that he was lying to them, and started a mini bar fight that brought The Proprietor onto the scene. A quick negotiation later, the proprietor and the crew got together with Bruce Rookson to speak to him about what happened
Turns out that Bruce also works as a Flesh-carrier in his spare time, and had been offered a substantial amount of money by an old collegue called Arlen Rode to take a job between 3 and 5, and when he got back, Trekker was already dead. He was also responsible for the removal of the CCTV footage
Upon hearing this, the Proprietor discovered that the Crew were working for Pathfinder, and promptly sent them away in a huff. They decided to go to the pleasuredome, and on their way find Arlen themselves.